Tuesday, March 3, 2009

TommyD

 

Some of you already know that my husband John is the producer for an internet radio show called TommyD’s Nutz (as in crazy you perv).  John and Tommy met in New York when they were in high school; Tommy worked at John’s Dad’s video store, and Pop kind of adopted him.  Later on, after John returned home from college, they were roommates, but they lost touch and didn’t reconnect until a couple of years ago.

John produces the TommyD’s Nutz show, and I do a lot of graphics work for them.  I make ad banners when they have guests, do graphics for the site, and just for fun I spoof the guys on the show quite a bit.  For example, when they first got the web site up I encouraged the regular show hosts to put up biographies.  When they ignored me I did it for them, just making stuff up as I went along…

Tommy D was the product of an illicit love affair between the bearded lady and the tattooed man at the Coney Island sideshow. Horrified at what she'd brought into the world, his birth mother abandoned him at the Catholic Church after he tried to eat one of the trained circus dogs.

The priests took Tommy in and raised him in the church, hoping to someday expel the evil inside him. Despite numerous attempts, and daily beatings, his depraved spirit remained.

When Tommy turned eighteen he left the church for good, and began his vile campaign across America. He currently spreads his immoral message over the internet airwaves, and can be heard Monday and Wednesday evenings on Wildlife Radio.

My kids learned a long time ago that this is what happens when you don’t listen to me, for I am not above public humiliation. 

To back up my brilliant work of fiction, I even produced some pictures from Tommy’s childhood.

Tommy-&-Mom Tommy with his Mom

Tommy-&-Priest Tommy with his adoptive “Father”

The moral of the story?  Don’t screw with a chick who has Photoshop and knows how to use it!

All kidding aside though, Tommy is a great guy.  Not only is he funny, but he’s got a heart of gold and I’m lucky to be counted among the people he calls friends.

Unfortunately Tommy recently learned that he has a rare form of cancer.  The good news is that it’s a very slow progressing form, and while the doctors aren’t sure of the best course of action at this time, I know with 100% certainty that he’s going to kick this thing’s ass.

So yesterday I found myself chopping a new graphic for Tommy…

TommyDvsBigC-Banner

Being able to keep laughing, and having a positive outlook, is one of the best forms of medicine.  Tommy knows that, and the rest of us who work on the show with him aren’t going to let him forget it.  So every Monday and Wednesday they’re still doing their thing over on Wildlife Radio, laughing at themselves and other stupid people.  Check them out if you get the chance and need a good laugh, but only if you have a strong constitution because the show is truly depraved.

Hugs,

1 comment:

senovia said...

I keep meaning to ask you what Tommy D's Nutz was. :) Best wishes for his fight.