Monday, March 2, 2009

Just in case you didn’t believe me.

 

I wake up Zathras between 8-9 every night to play.  If it were up to him, he wouldn’t get up until midnight when we’re all asleep, but that time spent with us every day is pretty critical to his development.  So he gets up, and out, no matter how cranky he is.

He’s not that snuggly when he first gets up, he wants to explore and check things out.  So after breakfast and a trip to his litter box, we usually put him on the floor for some safe play.  Once he plays for twenty minutes or so, he’ll snuggle in and even nap on our laps if we’re lucky.

Of course, through all of this MacDuff is always close by.  Like I told you the other day, as soon as the cage door opens, Duff is there waiting for his friend.  Last night I put Zathras in the critter pen with some new toys we’d gotten him, and Duff jumped right in the pen to help him check out his new stuff.

IMG_2414

Zathras couldn’t figure out how to get the treats out of this ball.  He kept jamming his nose in it, trying to sniff them out.  With MacDuff’s help though, they figured out that if you roll it the treats just fall out.

IMG_2415

Once they got the process down, Zathras was kind enough to share the goodies with his cohort.

He’s settling in nicely.  I finally got his cage up off the floor and onto some shelves that hold all of his supplies (that way Duff can’t climb into the cage anymore).  He’s housed in the office where I can peek in on him whenever I walk by.  I also found out that he loves pigs ears (you know, the dog treats).  I gave him a piece of one last night and he ended up dragging it into his igloo to sleep with it.

IMG_2417

He likes to hide and burrow, so when he’s out I usually throw a piece of fleece down for him to tunnel under.  He’ll play peek-a-boo with the girls.  Poking his head out one side, then going back in and peeking out the other side.

IMG_2418

Isn’t that the cutest little nose you’ve ever seen?  It’s squishy and wet like a puppy’s nose, and it wiggles around as he sniffs.

Nose Extreme close-up of nosicle goodness!

If you can’t tell, I just adore my little pin cushion, and I think he’s starting to like it here too. 

Hugs,

No comments: