Monday, September 24, 2007

How was your Weekend?


I had a really good weekend. This horrible, awful funk I've been in is finally starting to lift in earnest, and for the first time in a really long time I felt really good about life.

On Thursday, John twisted my arm and told me I had to buy a Cricut. lol Ok, well, that's not quite how it went, but it sounds good doesn't it?

I've been eyeing the Cricut since it came out, but the price, and the fact that I already own every die cut machine known to man, has kept me from purchasing it. John had a couple of side jobs last week and we had some extra cash, he spent some on new bass stuff, and then threw the rest of the wad at me.

Well, Jenna HAD to get new clothes. I swear she grew 3 inches over the summer. So I took her shopping for some new school digs, and while we were at Wally World I saw they had the Cricut at an awesome reduced price. I didn't buy it, but I drooled for a bit before going home.

I talked to John about it later that day, since I did have enough money left over from clothes shopping, and he talked me into it. In the end he said I had two choices, I could buy it, or he could. So I ran back to Wal-Mart before I picked the kids up from school. It's very cool, and I've been playing with it all weekend. The picture at the top of the page is a popcorn box I made to give out some special Halloween treats in.

On Saturday we had our weekly band practice. The new drummer Paul is working out really well, though we still miss Jim, and the new music we're doing is just awesome. I think we're all really excited to be playing our own music, and the direction we're going in. I actually can't wait to get some rough recordings done so I can share it with you guys.

Sean and I make a good writing team, John's happy to be able to make his own bass line, and it's all coming together faster than I thought it would. We have 3 new original songs that we've written in 2 weeks, and I'm proud of each one of them. That's an unusual thing for me. lol

John thinks that at our next rehearsal in 2 weeks that we can throw some rough recordings down so that we have something new to put up on our MySpace page. I'll let you know when we get them up.

On Sunday we did the whole Americana thing, and spent the day outside. The girls rode bikes, hula-hooped, and blew bubbles.

I got this great picture of John, I managed to snap it about 2 seconds before he flipped me off. He hates getting his picture taken, so I have to be sneaky. I think I'm going to make a scrapbook page titled Ninja Photographer with some of these shots I've managed to sneak.

He's going to beat me for posting the picture here, but it'll be worth it. lol

Watching the girls hula-hoop was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. Jenna can't keep the hoop up for longer than a couple of seconds, but she does the cutest little shimmy thing with her butt. I wish I had a video camera so I could have caught it. I was laughing so hard, but trying not to let her see because she gets offended any time she thinks someone is laughing at her.

Tiana can only keep it up for a few seconds too, but I managed to catch this picture that makes her look like a pro. She does do really good job hula-hooping with her arm though!

John made us all ice cream cones later on, and we sat on the porch laughing and talking. It was fun, and relaxing... It was just nice spending time together.
So that was my weekend, I hope you had a good one too!

Hugs,
Anne

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear I am gonna get your password and get rid of that awful pic

love you

Anne said...

You already know my password, and if you do I WILL put a cockroach in your bed.

LOL

Lisa said...

Nice pictures! :) Glad the cloud is lifting!

Stampin' Meg said...

Haha I can totally see John flipping you the bird with that fierce expression LOLOLOL
Enjoy your cricut-I love my bug.