Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sing the Blues

I promised you new music, and I'm finally ready to make good on the threat. lol

The band has been revamped, and we put a couple of rough clips up on the MySpace page. Now they're really rough, just quickie recordings made in the basement, so don't judge us too harshly. We wanted everyone to get a glimpse of the direction we're moving in though, and as time goes on we'll add more clips, and improve the recordings that are up there.

We have some great songs that we're working on that aren't even ready for a rough recording yet that I can't wait for you to hear. One is a fractured fairy tale, and another is a Heart-type hard rock song with an opera intro. I know it sounds strange, but it works! lol

Oh... the new band name? ChupaRosa
Pretty cool huh?

It's a flower that blooms in the American Southwest, it's called a "Sucking Rose" because it has a petal that looks kind of like a tongue. I really like the slightly twisted variants of roses, hence my nickname StormRose. I totally relate, because just like me everything looks fine and good on the surface, even beautiful sometimes, but underneath there's something not quite right. Describes me to a T.

To celebrate the Band's passage from the Blues into something else (we're not quite sure what it is yet) I have the start of a new Digi kit for you!

It's been awhile, I know...

In my defense, I've been working on a kit that was just stumping me. I didn't make a single element or paper for it that I liked. So I'd work on it awhile, and when nothing clicked I'd just walk away. Well, yesterday I decided that instead of walking away I was going to start a new project. A kit built off of a paper I made awhile ago...

That one sparked, and within an hour I had 10 papers made.

I have to remember to move along when I hit a creative roadblock. I have a really hard time setting a project aside when it just isn't working.


So here it is... I hope it was worth the wait!

This zipped file contains 15 papers:
5 Solid Textured Papers
5 Grunge papers
5 Patterned Papers

Download them here:Sing the Blues Papers

The element pack will be posted Tomorrow, so keep an eye out!
Enjoy!

7 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty! Thanks fo rsharing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the gorgeous papers, I love them! You are fantastic to share them with us!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Nessa

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the blues-paper. I like BLUES and have a myspace-profile with many blues-musicians as friends.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful papers, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Love the fabulous textures on these blue papers. Thank you