Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bullet Time

Earlier this week it was my birthday.  No, I’m not telling you how old I am.  :Þ

John and the kids got me some fun presents.  One of them was a wii fit, which promptly told me I was fat.  *sigh*  I knew I should have waited until after my b-day to step on the dang thing.  My favorite present by far though was Bullet, a Roborovski Hamster.

Yes, I have another animal: no, I don’t need to apply for a zoo permit yet.

IMG_2584-copy

No need to adjust your monitor, he really is that cute.  He’s about the size of a large cotton ball, and he won’t get much bigger than that.  He’s also really, really fast, hence the name Bullet.  Tiana picked out the name, and we all agreed that it fit him perfectly.  He’s so fast that when he runs on his wheel he appears to hover because his legs move faster than the eye can see.

He’s mostly a watching pet, and not a snuggling pet.  Because he’s so tiny, and so very fast, if he gets away from you you’ll never catch him again.  He’s also really wriggly when you pick him up, so dropping him is almost a given.  He is a lot of fun to watch though, and he will let us pet him, which is just about as good as holding him.

IMG_2585

MacDuff thinks we brought him home a little nom, and wonders when we’re going to let him out so he can eat him.  Bullet, for his part, has already figured out that Duff can’t get him through the glass, and has started in on the taunting.  He likes to run around his tank while the cat is watching him.  This, of course, sends Duff in to a frenzy as he tries to figure out how to put his paw through the glass of the tank to get the yummy morsel.

Does anyone really wonder why I have so many animals?  They give me hours of joy and amusement as I watch them tease each other.  :D

IMG_2588

Here he is curled up and sleeping in his little house.  Isn’t he just the cutest ball of fluff ever?

IMG_2593

Today I brought in some dandelions, from the crop we have growing out in our yard, and gave all of the rodents a treat.  Bullet really enjoyed the noms.

I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes that were left on my facebook page and at the CD forums.  It was sweet of y’all to remember me!

Hugs,

1 comment: