Thursday, April 19, 2007

Tag

I've been tagged by Jennifer (aka Doodlepie)!

It was actually really cool to see I was in her top 5 list. I never expect anyone to remember my name, let alone think I do anything of note. So it's always a shock anytime someone gives me a compliment. Jennifer's a real sweetie though, she sent us a big box of chocolates after Tiana's surgery, which was a wonderful and unexpected treat. She's also an awesome papercrafter! If you haven't seen her Doodleblog, go check it out!

So now as I understand it, I'm supposed to list my favorite 5 blogs and bloggers. So here goes...

#1 - Patti Talbot - Patti is an Admin on ASB and one of my best friends. I can not tell you how awesome this girl is, in everything she does! She's a terrific confidant, she's always willing to put herself out there to help in anyway she can, and I'm so lucky that we managed to hook up in this great big Internet world.

#2 - Jenn Lambert - Jenn actually has two blogs that I love. She has her Stamping Corner, but she also has a blog for her family that I've been wanting to tell you about. It's called Jenn's Family Corner. It's a blog about her family, and how they're dealing with her husband's deployment to Iraq. Visit it, and watch the movie at the bottom of the page. It's sure to bring tears to your eyes. I've been fortunate to get to know Jenn through ASB and her strength amazes me on a daily basis. She is truly a woman to admire.

#3 - Vicki Hook - Another of my A Shade of Blue buddies. Vicki is on the ASB mod squad and is such an important part of the site as a whole. I've said it before, but I don't think ASB would ever have grown like is has if Vicki hadn't jumped on board right at the beginning. One of the things I love most about ASB is watching people grow in their craft as they participate, and Vicki (having been around so long) is a really good example. She's always been an awesome papercrafter, but if you look through her gallery you can really see how she's developed over time. Now her blog and gallery are filled with stunning creations that will knock your socks off! She also has a terrific sense of humor, and is a lot of fun to be around.

#4 - Cathy St. Clair - I used to be the techniques team leader on a Yahoo group called Create-a-Card. One day the group owner sent me a note that she had a new member for my team. I got Cathy's submission for her first technique a few days later, and had to pick my jaw up off the floor. Her submission was amazing! Ever since then I've been addicted to her designs; I love her style, layouts, and use of color. Check out her blog, and you'll see why!

#5 - Sharon Crown - Sharon showed up on ASB not too long ago (referred to us by Jenn) and jumped right on in. She quickly won a spotlight contest, and joined the Challenge Team. Her artwork is incredible, so it really wasn't surprising. I'm still getting to know Sharon, but she's another woman who's strength amazes me. I have the utmost respect for military wives, who keep their families connected and running, even when all the members can't be together.

So there's my fav 5... That was really hard to do! There are so many people out there who I admire, and who's art I love to check out. It was tough choosing just 5!

Hugs,
Anne

4 comments:

Vicki Hook said...

Aw Anne, you are so sweet!!! Thanks for the "tag"! It's gonna really hard to pick my top 5!!!

Unknown said...

**saying all this through tear filled eyes**

OMG, thank you so much for the kind words Anne!
((HUGS))
If you only knew how much ASB and the members mean to me!

Gosh, I agree with Vicki....how can I pick only 5?? lol

Patti said...

Wow! That was an unexpected verklempt moment! That was so very sweet of you and the feelings are mutual! :)

Sharon said...

Aww, thank you Anne! You're so sweet! *grin*

I can't pick just 5! Are you kidding?!